About 8 years ago I tasted something wonderful at my grandma’s house.
I searched for that flavour, for that pasta, everywhere I went; even on my trip to Italy I searched it. The thing was that the only information I had was that it was an orange sauce, I had no Ideas it was made from red peppers, until now. And I am so very excited to share this recipe with you, my wonderful discovery!
This pasta has some wonderful traits, first and most importantly, it’s literally the pasta of my dreams, so it´s got to be good. Secondly, a perfect pasta for a hot summer day, for lunch, for dinner, for a barbeque, for anything, anytime. And last, but not least, this pasta is perfectly fresh and creamy. Basil + red peppers + cheese + pasta = everything you ever wanted in your plate.
Well, I want to apologize for not being active lately, but my other grandmother (not the pasta one) just came to live with us and my house has given some spins, but…. I am back now! Get ready for some classics from her old recipe book. But, anyways, hello again.
ROASTED RED PEPPER PASTA
prep time: 40 minutes-1 hour level: medium
- 2 red peppers
- 2 challots
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of half and half
- 4 tbsp stick of butter
- a bunch of basil leaves
- Put the red peppers in baking sheet, drizzle a bit of olive oil and place in a 300 F oven. Let them roast for 30. minutes, until the peel starts to get black.
- While the peppers are roasting, caramelize the garlic clove and the shallots by placimg them in the stove on medium heat with 2 tbsp olive oil for about ten minutes, stir casually, until they get brownish.
- Put a large pot with water to boil, and cook the pasta as instructed in the package.
- While the shallots caramelize and the peppers roast, grate the Parmesan cheese.
- Remove the chalotes and garlic from the heat.
- Take the red peppers out off the oven and wrapped them in aluminium foil for 5 minutes. Then remove the skin, be careful, they will be very hot.
- In a blender, blend the peppers, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a pan, warm the half and half And melt the butter, then add the grated Parmesan cheese until it mixes completely. After that, add it to the previously blended mixture and mix until a homogeneous sauce is made.
- Chop the basil.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and add the basil.