This past weekend I made, besides from many other things (I know, bye bye diet), one of the best French Toast I’ve ever made.
I bought these petit babies at HEB.
I had a hard time finding good croisants at supermakets here in Monterrey, Mexico, because we make cuernitos, they are very similar but instead of butter, they are made of animal fat. Anyway, you can use any croissant for this recipie (even if they are a bit old and hard, the batter would moizture them).
Using croissants instead of bread creates and AMAZING texture, you surely need to try it. The color, the tase, the smell; I am sad (and a bit happy [fat people are “happy”]), just one baby croissant was left to share and it lasted about, half a minute before my brother ate it. You need to try this fancy, tasty and easy recipe.
- 5 petit croissants (you can use any size, just modify the quantities)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup half-half or milk
- 1 tsp of ground cinamon
- 1 1/2 tspof vanilla
- 1 tbsp of light brown sugar
- Cut your croissants in half (by the side).
- In a big bowl, crack the eggs, add the sugar, half and half, cinamon and vanilla. Beat until small bubbles start to form.
- Soak the croissant halves in the mixture and place them in a plate afterwards.
- In a non-stick pan melt a small amount of butter.
- After it melts, lower the flame to low-medium. Place as many croissants as possible (cutted side down). Let them cook for 3 minutes, move them around and then cook the other side for 2 minutes.
- Add some maple syrup, sugar or cinamon, decorate with delicous whipped cream and some berries.